Saturday, February 7, 2009

~ New Place, New Life ~

Why do i say 'New Place, New Life' is because I have shifted to a new place at Lahad Datu. A proper house with a comfortable bedroom, a proper toilet, living room and also kitchen.Now, I'm staying with Ms Goh, a 40 plus years old woman that is still single.Well, she is nice to me.Helps me to buy fruits and also boil soup for me.Hehe..So, its nice staying at this new place.At least I do not need to worry bout flood.Haha..
Meanwhile, at my school, I'm the class teacher for 1 Ideal.The first class of the whole standard.The students are all very cute and will 'salam' me whenever I go out from the class.Besides, they will shout 'Teacher' whenever they see me even though they are far away.Well, looking at them reminded me how I behaved last time when I was 7 years old.

However, an unfortunate incident happened to one of my students few days ago.His name is Elyas and he is a smart boy.That day when I took them for injection, we found that his whole left hand was covered with bruises and scars.I didn't notice anything until then because he always wore jacket to school. Then, he told us that his mother hit him.Everyday, whenever he refused to drink. The revelation shocked us as we thought what kind of mother will do this to her child.
Then, I brought him to see the headmaster and my headmaster called his father the second day.The father actually told the headmaster it was their ways of teaching the children not to misbehave and he permitted his wife to beat the children.Another shocking revelation was, the mother is actually his "STEPMOTHER"!!! That is why she is so cruel towards them.
On the second day, the birth mother with all her relatives came to the school.Then the father also came and they nearly quarrel as both side wanted to take the child.Suddenly, my PK came and scolded them and I was shocked to See my PK so fierce.At last the case was brought to the police and I hope that the stepmother will be arrested so that she will not have the chance to beat the children again. Later on, we got to know that the stepmother actually told other people that it was the school teachers who beat his child until like that.So, my colleagues told me that luckily I brought him to see the headmaster if not I may get into trouble.
The lesson that I have got from this incident is be aware with your students problems and care for them as if they are your own children.Well, being a class teacher is really tiring but looking at my students laughing and smiling at me and calling me 'Teacher' is really rewarding!! I hope that my students will grow up to be successful just like the Teacher.Haha

No comments: