Thursday, March 12, 2009

~ HoPe ~

Today, I really felt very happy and satisfied with two of my students.They are Yassin and Yusri from 1 Ikhlas (the last class of the whole standard). This was because, for the past 2 months they had never did any work that I gave them to do.During my teaching, they were either be sleeping or day dreaming. When other people were busy doing work, they would be walking around disturbing people or sleep.Haha!! This pair of twin really perplexed the teachers.
All the teachers, including me had tried to make them do their work. Either by threat or cajoling but it was no use. They just didn't want to their work. Then, I decided to give them time as I still remembered last time our lecturer told us that children have their own pace of learning. I did not scold them when they didn;t do my work. I just let them be whatever they want.
Today, very suprisingly a miracle happened!! Haha.. I taught them body parts today and played a simple game with them where they had to point to their body parts correctly by listening to me. Well, they indeed had fun and afterwards they were asked to copy the pictures and the apellings inside thier books. As usual I did not ask the twin to take out their books or do anything.
Then. students started to give their books for me to mark and suddenly Yassin appeared with his book. I was shocked that he actually drew all the pictures nicely and his handwritings were neat too. Then I loked at him asnd asked whether he did himself and he answered 'Yes!' My heart really swell with pride when I saw he did my work so wonderfully. I awarded him an 'A'!! Then before I went from the class, his brother, Yusri came and handed his book. He also completed my work perfectly and I was really happy that time. So, I decided to give them presents ( a packet of biscuit for each of them). They were so happy that they jumped around!!
Well, looking at their faces really made me feel so happy and proud. At least it showed that my effort of teaching them and being a clown in front of the class is not wasted. Haha!! I really got a valuable lesson today - 'Do not give up hope on your students!'
because however slow or bad they are, they will still learn when they are ready. :) Hopefully they will still behave the same in the future so that they can learn more!!

3 comments:

m_kaur said...

congratulation..!
i guess these small things are what makes teaching a special job...

well done..!

i wish this kind of miracle happens to me...!

m_kaur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jiawen said...

Congratulations! Hopefully the pupils will have interest in the subject because of you. Like Mel, I hope it happens to me sometimes too. Haha...